Saturday, November 3, 2012

Why I Am Thankful Today

God's ways are so perfect and good. Rarely do I fully understand them--but I know they are good because HE is good. always.

Last night, Anna and I got to see our friends, The Josties! In my time of traveling with The Sky family, I have met the Josties twice. Because they have a wonderfully large family, and our crew was generally 10-13 people, there wasn't much....well....what I would call "quality time" with anyone.

When I found out that The Jost family was going to be near our area (and yes, two hours is close in comparison to what would take 38 hours of driving to get to their home!) I was ecstatic and...hesitant.  "What if they don't remember me?"  Seriously though, how awkward would it be to run into a concert and try to give them hugs when they didn't remember me? All sorts of "worst case scenarios" filled my head. Some were hilarious!!

Anyways, God made it clear that we were supposed to go! So awesome. A girl I met in that area last year FB messaged me and asked if I wanted to attend the concert and spend the night with them. Yes, please!

Overall, the Lord so blessed our less than 24 hour road trip adventure! We had such a sweet reunion with all the Josties and were thoroughly blessed and encouraged by their music. God used the encouragement or challenges before each song to minister to my heart, and He used conversations afterwards to REALLY encourage me to keep pressing on in Him!

I am so blessed. So thankful.

Our new found *yummy* beverage. 
Ah. There they are. My mind is still kinda in shock that we actually saw them. :)
*Sorry it's fuzzy*
A little less fuzzy!
Intense concert face on the Right. :) 
Look at all that plaid! 
I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but this made me want to drink more!
PROOF. BOOM. We finally got together.
Thanks so much for opening your home up to us!



Might I also mention that if I hadn't been home this Fall, this never would have happened!!!!? God knows just what we need, right when we need it. :)

Today: I am thankful to be home. I am thankful for divine appointments. I am thankful for friends.

What are you thankful for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. leave a comment. You'll make me smile! :)