Wednesday, January 30, 2013

easy for me vs. good for me



"When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win we know

That pain reminds this heart
That this is not, This is not our home"
~Laura Story~


{Anna is up and "at 'em" again! She moved back into her room on Monday night!
You can see the crazed look in our eyes from...being our usual selves! :)}




I need more reminders in my life that THIS is not my home. This earth where sin abounds, where neighbors don't know each other, where everyone is concerned for themselves, and where many children grow up without parents, is only temporary. 

The trials our family went through last year of sickness and Anna's burn/surgery/healing process are truly nothing in comparison to things that so many others go through. Yet, the Lord knows exactly what we need to teach us, shape us, and form our hearts to trust Him and love Him more. 

"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness" 

This earth is not my home. These trials are temporary. The things that we go through are so God can be glorified through our lives--so others will see Him and all His majesty. The past few weeks were NOT easy--sleepless nights, dying to self, changing plans, etc... {not exactly a thrilling thing for our flesh to go through!} Yet, God was in it. ALL of it. I only pray that His glory, grace, and love were displayed through all of it!

It may not be easy for me, but it is good for me. 


"For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers." 1 Timothy 4:10




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. leave a comment. You'll make me smile! :)