Thursday, January 26, 2012

Great Joy!

God is doing some amazing things in our family! Restoring relationships, healing, helping bring about forgiveness... I'm so excited to see what else the Lord is going to do in 2012. At some point in the next week or so, I am going to write about how the Lord brought me home. It is actually a really neat, and really hard story, but I know it will speak of the Lord's MIGHTY, capable hand in our lives, and also testify of His faithfulness. 

For those of you looking for a good Bible study to do, whether alone, with a small group, or with your family, I highly recommend "Experiencing God," by Henry T. Blackaby and Claude V. King. Our family is doing that study right now and it's SO good. My eyes have been opened to areas in my life where I was trying to MAKE things happen, instead of letting God us me to fulfill HIS purposes.



Also, Anna and I started going to a  Ladies community group from our church on Wednesday nights. All of the Comm.Groups are doing "The Gospel-Centered Life," by Bob Thune and Will Walker. This, likewise, is a GREAT study that I would suggest to any Believer. It really calls us to examine our hearts before the Lord and to see the areas where we are minimizing God's holiness and magnifying our own "goodness." I have been so blessed and encouraged AND convicted by this book. :)




Other than that, God is giving each of us little tasks and assignments to carry out for Him. Sometimes I feel so worthless and useless here. However, the Lord is showing me the things HE wishes to do through me. And, knowing I'm in the center of His will helps me to overcome fear and doubts. 

A little later today we are going to be visiting a nursing home to "adopt" someone as a grandparent! I think this will be a great opportunity to bring light into a place that is so sad. :)

**Be looking for the story of how I came home sometime in the next week!!**

Have a lovely, wonderful, happy, blessed day!!



1 comment:

  1. I love that you are going to the nursing home! In high school, I volunteered at an elderly daycare center and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. leave a comment. You'll make me smile! :)